Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question about Scotiabank AERO* Rewards, redeeming your ScotiaPoints, or this website, these common questions may help you. Please click the question to view the answer.
If you still have questions, please feel free to call (246) 426-7000 Monday - Friday between 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM; Saturday between 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: all questions, when clicked, expand to reveal the answer below.
- What is the AERO* Rewards Program?
It's the new and exclusive Scotiabank travel reward program that gives you the freedom to travel your way. The program is attached to selected Scotiabank credit cards and allows you to earn ScotiaPoints with your everyday spending on the Card. ScotiaPoints can be redeemed for exciting travel rewards including flights, hotels, car rentals, vacation and cruise packages.
The AERO* Rewards Program is different from other travel reward programs and gives you the flexibility that you need.
- Fly anywhere, anytime on any airline - no restrictions!
- No blackout periods
- No seat restriction
The AERO* Rewards Program is currently available with the following credit cards.
- How do I enroll in the Scotiabank AERO* Rewards Program?
Simply apply and become a cardholder for selected credit cards and you will be automatically enrolled in the program. You will be assigned an AERO* membership number and will be able to access your ScotiaPoints balance, and promotion information on this website.
The AERO* Rewards program is currently available with the following credit cards.
- How do I earn ScotiaPoints*?
There are a few ways to earn ScotiaPoints*:
- Fly any seat, any airline, any time. Scotiabank AERO* Platinum MasterCard gives you unparalleled freedom to choose the flights, car rentals, hotel stays and cruises you prefer. Apply today and earn; Welcome Bonus of 10,000 ScotiaPoints PLUS 2 ScotiaPoints for every US$1.00 you spend for the first 6 months. Download Application
- From time to time, you will be notified of promotions that allow you earn points faster.
- How many points are required for travel rewards?
For air travel, see our Rewards page to find out how ScotiaPoints* will be converted using the Flight Redemption Chart. For other travel, the AERO* Rewards Agents will assist you with finding travel options and calculating the points required.You can reach the AERO* Rewards Agents at (246) 426-7000, from Monday through Friday between 8 AM and 6 PM and Saturday from 9 AM to 1 PM (Atlantic Standard Time).
- Are there any flight restrictions or blackout dates for air travel?
The key benefit of the AERO* Rewards Program is you can fly anywhere, anytime on any airline - no blackout periods or seat restrictions! You can travel on holidays, weekends, and during other busy days throughout the year.
- How do I redeem ScotiaPoints* for travel rewards?
Simply call (246) 426-7000 : Monday through Friday between 8 AM and 6 PM and Saturday from 9 AM to 1 PM (Atlantic Standard Time).
The AERO* Rewards Call Centre will assist you with finding travel options and advise you of the points required.In order to redeem your points, your Card Account must remain in good standing during the operation of the Program.
See full Program Terms and Conditions.
- Can I buy extra ScotiaPoints*?
Yes, you may buy additional ScotiaPoints* at a rate of US$0.03 (or local equivalent) per ScotiaPoint. You may purchase up to a maximum of 20% of the total ScotiaPoints* required for any travel reward.
- How far in advance should I book my travel plans?
Travel arrangements must be booked at least 14 business days in advance of travel. Should you need to make a booking less than 14 business days in advance, the standard Flight Redemption Chart will not apply.
The AERO* Rewards agent will assist you in calculating the points required.You can reach the AERO* Rewards Agents at (246) 426-7000, from Monday through Friday between 8 AM and 6 PM and Saturday from 9 AM to 1 PM (Atlantic Standard Time).
See our Flight Redemption Chart.
- How will I receive confirmation of my travel reservations?
You will receive written or email confirmation within two weeks of the date reservations were made and verbally confirmed by the principal Cardholder.
- What costs am I responsible for?
You are responsible for payment of non-ticket costs or any other taxes, fees and charges which may be imposed. You may redeem ScotiaPoints* to pay taxes and other related costs during the booking process.
- How do I change information on my account such as address or phone number?
Simply call (246) 426-7000 to update your account. You can also change your email information and password for your Scotiabank AERO* Rewards Program profile .
- Can I use my ScotiaPoints* to book rewards for someone else?
You can redeem your ScotiaPoints* to buy tickets for your immediate family (wife/husband and dependent children). ScotiaPoints* are not transferable from one ScotiaPoints* account to another. However, if you are the principal Cardholder on more than one Card Account, you may combine the accumulated ScotiaPoints* on these Card Accounts at redemption.
- Can I cancel or change my travel bookings?
Cancellation or change is subject to policies of the travel supplier. In some cases, such as non-refundable tickets, CANCELLATIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED OR ARE SUBJECT TO CANCELLATION FEES US$100 (or local equivalent).
All such fees will be charged to the Card Account and are non-refundable. Your ScotiaPoints* will be credited back to your account.
- Can I redeem my ScotiaPoints* for cash or other rewards?
ScotiaPoints* have no cash value. ScotiaPoints* may be used for Scotiabank AERO* Rewards only in accordance with the Program Terms and Conditions.
- What is the minimum points I would need to fly to destinations in the
You can fly for as few as 20,000 points to Miami, New York, Orlando and Ft Lauderdale. For more details, refer to our Flight Redemption Chart.
- Can I receive a travel expense credit for my ScotiaPoints?
Yes, you can receive a full or partial credit of the travel expense made on your Aero Rewards credit card, within 90 days of the purchase date. For more details refer to the section “TRAVEL EXPENSE CREDIT”.
- How do I get information on my account and AERO* Rewards Program?
Your points balance will be included on your monthly credit card statement. Scotiabank may include AERO* Rewards Program updates and promotion information with your statement.
You can also check your balance information,anytime on this site. You can also call (246) 426-7000 if you have any inquiries.
- How can I ensure that my ScotiaPoints* will not expire?
You must have some activity in your Scotiabank AERO* Credit Card account in the last 36 months.
- Where can I find the AERO Program Terms and Conditions?
An updated version of the AERO program Terms and conditions can be found here